Skip to main content

Override Request

This form is to be used to request an override for a course within the Department of Chemistry (Forensic Science is included).  Please fill out this form in its entirety and submit.  We will review the request in 1 – 3 business days and will either process, determine if more information is needed, or let you know if issues exist with your request. If you have not received confirmation or communication with respect to the over-ride after 3 business days this form has been submitted, please contact the Department of Chemistry at 859-622-1456.

You may not need this override. The number one reason for a Pre-requisite/Co-requisite and Test Score Error is not adding lecture and corresponding lab simultaneously. You may have success adding both lecture and lab if you scroll to the bottom of the registration screen and enter both CRNs for lecture and lab in the boxes and submit at the same time.

Submission of this form DOES NOT guarantee your override will be approved.

Please make sure you use an EKU email address ending in

The following information can be found in your Degreeworks

Information about the course you are requesting an override for

A CRN is a 5 digit Course Reference Number which appears immediately following the title of the course in the online schedule. (See yellow highlight on example below).

Location of CRN number in student schedule

Type of override you are requesting


  • must be submitted through the department of your major.
  • If you are requesting a Repeat Override and your major department is NOT Chemistry (Forensic Science included), your override will not be granted and you will NOT be notified.

If you have requested an Hours Override, please supply the following:

If you are requesting .5 credit overload(s), please round to the next highest whole number when selecting.

Please attach your Degreeworks audit or a copy of your unofficial transcript (PDF or JPG only). This is necessary to verify your request. If you are requesting a pre-requisite override for course that you have already taken at another institution or the pre-requisite is not showing up in Degree Works, click on the Browse button above and attach a copy of your transcript or grade record for the course (PDF or JPG files ONLY).

Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/