Skip to main content

Minors & Certifications

Minor in Chemistry

A student may minor in chemistry by completing:

      PLUS TWO (2) COURSE selected from the following:

Teaching Certification for Chemistry Minor

Students may seek a minor in chemistry in conjunction with the completion of a teaching certificate, which will qualify them to teach chemistry at the secondary level.
The teaching minor in chemistry must be coupled with a secondary teaching certificate in another discipline.  For students with a middle school science emphasis, requirements are met.  Students enrolled in a teaching program other than science who desire teaching certification in chemistry will be required to take ESE 561.

The minor will be considered an add-on certificate and cannot be recommended until the secondary teaching program is completed and a recommendation for certification has  been processed.  Appropriate praxis exams must be completed for each area of certification being recommended.

The state of Kentucky requires one or more Praxis Series tests for licensure to teach in the State.  Please seePraxis website or consult with your advisor for details.

Open /*deleted href=#openmobile*/