Instructions for Registering for LECTURE and LAB
Most chemistry courses have a corresponding laboratory course, which has a separate grade but is a co-requisite for the lecture (must be taken in the same semester).
Instructions below (can also be followed for CHE 361L and CHE 362L):
To search for classes, the following criteria must be entered on the “Look-up Classes to Add” page:
1. Enter Subject – the course you wish to register into (CHE Chemistry)
2. Course Number – (111) * To register you must enter CHE 111 to see all sections of CHE 111 and CHE 111L
3. Click the Class Search button to return a list of the sections of the courses being offered that semester.
4. A listing of available sections will be displayed. To view all of the sections, use the scroll bar.
5. Students must select both CRN’s – Lecture and Lab.
6. Select the sections by clicking in the box to the left of the CRN that meets the time and day of your choice.
7. After making selections, Choose “Register” button.
8. Registration Add Errors will occur if you do not register for a Lecture CRN and a Lab CRN at the same time.
9. HINT: Choose Printable Schedule to ensure registration in correct CRN’s
If you have followed all these steps and get a Pre-requisite/Co-requisite and Test Score Error you can request a department over-ride by completing the form at: http://chemistry.eku.edu/override-request. Often this is because the Pre-requisite courses are not showing in your degree works audit (transfer courses not articulated, etc).