The chemistry stockroom is located on the fourth floor of the Science Building, NSB 4111. This facility is designed to provide support to all labs and demonstrations within the department.
Safety holds the highest priority within the chemistry department. All students are required to attend a safety lecture and complete a safety contract prior to the start of each lab course. If an accident occurs, an incident report must be completed and submitted to the main department office (NSB 4126). A few of the general Laboratory Safety Rules are outlined below.
- Read the entire procedure prior to the start of lab.
- Dress appropriately (wear goggles, protective clothing, and closed-toe shoes).
- Read and understand the chemical label.
- Keep all chemical containers closed when not in immediate use.
- Clean up all spills immediately.
- Know the location of the nearest eye wash, safety shower, and fire extinguisher.
Lab Check-In & Check-Out
In an effort to provide maximum resource distribution on a continual basis, students enrolled in general chemistry (CHE 111L/112L) and organic chemistry (CHE 361L/362L) lab courses are required to Check-In to a lab drawer containing items necessary to complete each course. Upon completion, students should complete the Check-Out procedure. If deemed accidental, items lost or broken during the semester may be replaced free-of-charge.
|NSB 4th Floor Lab Directory.pdf||122.36 KB|